NNIL Commercial Company Limited (formerly Northern Nigeria Investments Company Limited) was established in 1956 as a Development Finance Institution primarily to stimulate the industrial and economic development of the then Northern Region by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) and the then Northern Nigeria Government. The interest of the Government was held by the Northern Regional Production and Development Board, which metamorphosed into the NNDC.
In 1978, CDC’s interest was taken over by NNDC, thus converting NNIL into a wholly owned subsidiary. NNIL was converted to a full commercial outfit in 1998. Under the new business focus, NNIL is currently involved in the bulk importation and marketing of:
1. Selected industrial chemicals such as Caustic Soda, (Pearls & Solid), Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) Resin & Compound and Chloride (Liquid & Gas)
2. Agricultural chemicals: Fertilizers; Herbicides; Fungicides and Insecticides.
3. Water treatment chemicals: (Liquid chlorine) Calcium hypochlorite (hth), Aluminium Sulphate (Alum)